Click here for a pdf of this job posting.
Director of Operations and Development
The Louisiana Budget Project is looking to hire a full-time employee to oversee the organization’s day-to-day administrative operations and assist with fund development. The Operations and Development Director establishes and maintains the organization’s databases and website; oversees layout, production, and distribution of publications; handles logistical arrangements for events and meetings; manages personnel systems; and serves as primary point of contact with LBP’s accountant and auditors.
The Operations Director works with the Executive Director to identify and cultivate prospective funders, including individual donors, and maintains a database of private and institutional funders. He/she keeps track of reporting and application deadlines and works with the Executive Director and accountant to develop initial drafts of grant reports.
This position reports to the Executive Director.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Minimum high school degree and post-secondary education. A bachelor’s degree is highly desirable. Prefer at least two years’ experience in a government, nonprofit or business environment. Internship experience will be considered.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Excellent writing and proofreading skills
- Internet publishing (WordPress)
- Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, and Outlook)
- Mass email software (Constant Contact )
- Event registration software
- Donor databases
- Basic math
- Attention to detail and ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to prioritize and work on multiple tasks simultaneously
- Independent worker and team player
- Commitment to LBP’s goals and mission
- Manages office operations and coordinates workflow.
- Coordinates staff meetings, including but not limited to scheduling, agenda development, and note-taking/follow up.
- Maintains master calendar of LBP events.
- Maintains files and record management.
- Assists with fund development and grants management, including reporting and evaluation requirements.
- Selects, builds and maintains donor database.
- Coordinates events, including developing and maintaining budgets and coordinating on-site execution.
- Maintains employee benefit records, including onboarding paperwork and benefit options.
- Serves as liaison with plan administrators for health and dental insurance, direct deposit, and 403(b) plans.
- Maintains subscriber database, media lists and other mailing lists.
- Assesses office needs (space, supplies, equipment, and furniture) and makes recommendations regarding major purchases.
- Assists with dissemination of publications and related materials.
- Arranges for printing, copying, and mailing of publications.
- Maintains and updates website.
- Assists Executive Director and Board chair with board meetings, including scheduling, disseminating board materials, maintaining minutes and other duties as assigned.
- Oversees execution of LBP strategic plan, making sure timeline and goals are met.
- Help foster and maintain a welcoming and inclusive environment for all individuals with regards to diversity, which may include geography, race, ethnicity, socioeconomic status, veteran status, religion, sexual orientation, gender or age.
- This is a full-time position, based in Baton Rouge, that reports to the Executive Director.
- The Louisiana Budget Project offers a competitive salary and benefits including health, dental and vision coverage, retirement, paid vacation, maternity and sick leave.
- To apply, please email a resume, cover letter and two writing samples to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Louisiana Budget Project is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, sex, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, religious or political affiliation, disability, and any other classification considered discriminatory under applicable law