Click here for a PDF of this post.
The Louisiana Budget Project is seeking an Advocacy Manager to help guide our coalition work, policy advocacy and outreach strategy. This new position is an exciting opportunity for someone with strong organizational skills, a deep commitment to racial and economic equity, and experience working with community-based organizations in an advocacy role. This person will serve as a key point of contact between LBP and allied organizations in support of our common policy objectives.
The Louisiana Budget Project is an independent, 501c(3) nonprofit research and advocacy organization that monitors and reports on policies that affect low- to moderate-income Louisianans. We work collaboratively with communities and partner organizations to inform policy debates across a wide range of areas – including state budget, revenue, social and economic issues – with an eye to reducing poverty, promoting racial equity and widespread economic prosperity that allows all citizens to reach their highest potential.
Major Functions and Tasks:
- Work effectively with allied organizations and in forging and implementing an advocacy plan around our Invest in Louisiana policy agenda.
- Coordinating the planning and scheduling of coalition meetings and fostering strong internal communication and accountability among coalition members.
- Actively engage communities around our policy agenda and organizing strategy of our coalition(s) and partner organizations
- Provide information to policymakers, the media, advocates and the public through written materials, testimony and presentations.
- Represent the Louisiana Budget Project before community groups, policymakers and other allies.
- Work collaboratively with LBP’s policy and communications staff to produce accessible communications and civic engagement materials to translate complex policy issues for consumption by the public.
Experience and Skills:
- Dedication to the mission and values of the Louisiana Budget Project.
- Willingness and ability to travel throughout Louisiana.
- Ability to meet deadlines, solve problems and juggle multiple tasks.
- Excellent organizational skills and proven ability to work collaboratively.
- Knowledge of federal and state policy issues.
- Experience building diverse and effective alliances and collaborations.
- Experience working on issue campaigns, coalition-building, and/or civic engagement.
- This is a full-time position that reports to the Director of Public Affairs and Outreach. Preference will be given to candidates who can work out of LBP’s main office in Baton Rouge.
- The Louisiana Budget Project offers a competitive salary and benefits including health, dental and vision coverage, retirement, and paid vacation and sick leave. The salary range for this position is $45,000 – $52,000 per year, depending on experience and qualifications.
- To apply, please email a resume, cover letter and two writing samples to email@example.com by Aug. 10th with “Advocacy Manager” in the subject line.
The Louisiana Budget Project is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, sex, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, religious or political affiliation, disability, and any other classification considered discriminatory under applicable law.